WHY PLAY BEACH WATER POLO?
We recognise that the way people play sport in Australia is changing and we are evolving with it. People have less and less time to commit to weekly sporting endeavours but are looking for social and meaningful ways to spend their weekends while being active.
Beach Water Polo Fours was created to give beginners a pathway into the sport, get past players back playing and give current players an outlet to just enjoy their sport.
Holding events over one day gives you a great workout, time to catch up with friends and all the while enjoying Australia’s unique coast, beaches and water ways. With our new social category, you can play without fear of losing your sheep station, while our other categories are just as fun and inclusive.
Our goal is to bring the water polo fun to you, so why not jump in and give it a go!
SOME OF THE FINER DETAILS
- You can come by yourself, with a team or even the whole family - there are options for everyone (if you don’t have a full team, get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you out)!
- If you are comfortable swimming, you are invited! We want everyone to enjoy Beach Water Polo Fours.
- You can swim out and spectate from the water on an inflatable toy, bring your own kayak or paddle board, or kick back on the beach and relax. Some events even allow you to BYO boat - what a time to be alive!
- Each event will have a first, second and third release. The earlier you get in, the better your wallet looks.
- Teams are a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 8.
- There are open men’s, open women’s and a social mixed categories at every event. The new social categories have no gender restrictions, but women’s goals are worth double!
- You can check out all of the Beach Water Polo Fours rules by clicking here!
BEACH WATER POLO EVENT DIVISIONS
While we have briefly outlined our event divisions below, our tournament is an extremely inclusive and welcoming place for players of all abilities. If you aren’t sure where you fit or just want to double check, get in touch via email@example.com and we will help you out.
OPEN MEN & WOMEN
This division is for the competitive types who want to go for the glory (or what little is on offer). More often than not, this category has a lot of current and former grade players, but don't let that turn you off from giving it a go!
If you haven’t played a whole lot of water polo before or are looking for an easy way to get back into the game, our mixed social competition has your name written all over it. You can have as many males and females as your heart desires, but women’s goals are worth double.
U14 & U16 MIXED
We are offering the kids a chance to get involved with the fun this year and offering our brand new junior divisions. While the divisions are mixed, we don't have any strict gender requirements (i.e. each team does not have to have a male/female), however, we do make girls goals worth double, so it's best to get over the cooties and mix it up!